- The Choir shall be called “Eccles Community Choir“.
- It shall be non-political and non-sectarian.
- The object of the Choir shall be the study and practice of choral music to foster public knowledge and appreciation of such music by means of public performance.
- To assist and to support such charitable institutions or purposes as the Committee shall from time to
- Membership of the Choir shall be open to anyone wishing to join.
- For a good and sufficient reason the membership of any individual may be terminated by decision of
the Committee PROVIDED that the individual shall have the right to be heard by the said Committee
before the decision is final.
- All Members will be expected to pay a subscription towards the expenses of the Choir.
- The size of this subscription (or membership fee) shall be agreed by the Choir at an Annual General
Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting (see 10.0 below).
- The Choir may receive donations, grants-in-aid or other financial remuneration for performances or
other services provided by it.
- Such income, however, derived shall be applied solely to the aims and objectives of the Choir and no
portion thereof shall be paid directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or professional fee to any
member of the Choir.
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred by members on the authorised business of the Choir will be
reimbursed at the discretion of the Committee.
- The financial year of the Choir will be from 1st August to 31st July.
- The books of account shall be independently examined by 31st August and a financial statement
extracted therefrom shall be presented at the AGM which shall be held before the end of September (see
- The Executive Officers of the Choir shall be the Chairman, the Secretary, the Treasurer and the Music
- The Choir shall be managed by a Management Committee consisting of the three Executive Officers and
two representatives from the choir. Only these five Officers are entitled to vote in the deliberations of
the Committee. A quorum shall consist of a minimum of three, two Executive Officers and one Choir
Representative. This Management Committee will meet a minimum of three times between successive
Annual General Meetings.
- Sub-committees may be established for specific purposes to advise the Management Committee and
other Choir officers and members may be consulted by the Committee as required, but these shall have
no voting rights in the Committee.
- Minutes will be taken of all Management Committee deliberations and these will be available to all
members. The Secretary will hold a file of all minutes for the committee.
- The Choir will hold an Annual General Meeting at which the business of the Choir will be discussed.
- At this meeting the Executive Officers and other Officers of the Choir (as deemed necessary at the time)
will be elected by simple majority, by ballot if required.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held on a date and at a place and time to be decided by the
Management Committee within the requirements of paragraph 7.0 above. A minimum of twenty-one
days’ notice shall be given.
- All fully paid-up members of the Choir may attend and participate in the election of Officers and other
- A quorum for the Meeting shall be at least 50% of the members plus at least two of the Executive
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at the request of 50% of the members or by the
Management Committee giving a minimum of twenty-one days’ notice. A similar quorum will apply.
- All music is the property of the Choir and must not be sold or loaned without sanction from the
committee, unless paid for by members, when it becomes their own copy to dispose of as they wish.
- The choice of music shall be in the hands of the Music Director, who will be open to suggestions from
- All Choir members are expected to attend rehearsals at agreed times and venues.
- A member who is unable to attend a rehearsal should endeavour to notify the Music Director.
- The Music Director shall have sole control at rehearsals.
- All Choir members are encouraged to participate in public performance at agreed times and venues.
- A member who is unable to attend a performance should notify the Music Director.
- If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Choir there remains any property whatsoever after the
satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, the same shall not be distributed among the members of the
Choir but shall be given or transferred to some Charitable Institution or Institutions having objects
similar to the objects of the Choir, such institution or institutions to be determined by the members of the
Choir at or before the time of dissolution and in so far as effect cannot be given to such provisions then
to some charitable object.
- Any eventuality not covered by these Rules shall be dealt with by the Management Committee.
- The Rules of the Choir shall be altered only at the Annual General Meeting or a Special General
Meeting duly called.
A copy of these rules shall be available to each member.